Linking providers, advisers and customers through research and technology
We serve the interests of advisers who require the products and services of Providers and vice versa. Foremost, we are a technology company whose core skills are dealing with data, IT infrastructure and creating software solutions.
The key areas of support we offer to providers are:
Synaptic Product and Fund Research
Our product research team is the outstanding resource of its kind in the industry, making our research tools market leaders in their fields:
- providers subscribe to our tools to gain an 'adviser's view' of the market and of course perform their own whole of market research; either to monitor the competition, or support their product development;
- over 1000 pension, investment and protection products are available for detailed research, comparison and reporting;
- over 100,000 OEICS / Unit Trusts / ETFs are available for graphing, reporting and portfolio construction.
The efficiencies of an online system not only benefit IFAs but present a unique opportunity to provide an audit trail of how products are researched and what criteria is most important to professional advisers when selecting products for their clients.
The Synaptic Insight tool is an online tool giving access to usage data (available for any product type displayed within Synaptic Product Research) to allow marketing or product design teams to interrogate as required.
The Synaptic Research team maintain the Insight tool, and also prepare regular bespoke reports using the data that is generated within the system. Contact our sales team if you wish to access this unique service.
Quote and e-apply portal
Synaptic Webline offers:
- the most technologically advanced Protection and Annuity quote engine;
- unparalleled flexibility and levels of organisational control;
- pre-population of application forms;
- ability to save and retrieve quotes from Webline servers;
- tools to design dynamic user journeys, including the new ‘Feature Driven Quote’ and ‘Social Reassurance’. The latter are market leading innovations designed to transform the success of broker led and / or online Protection sales.
Investment Risk Rating
Synaptic Risk Rating service:
- the Synaptic Risk framework is based on the Moody’s Analytics (formerly Barrie + Hibbert) stochastic engine rather than the ‘volatility as proxy for risk with qualitative overlay’ approach;
- the system models the future performance of funds, portfolios and other ‘Synthetic Risk Instruments’, by projecting each element of the asset allocation;
- any Provider or Fund Manager that wishes to be included in the table can be done so inexpensively;
- participating Providers include Canada Life, Scottish Life, Fidelity, L&G IM, Premier, Quilter Cheviot and 7im.
part of the Synaptic Research Suite:
- allows holdings data to be used across several of the Synaptic research modules;
- can be used as a standalone industry utility.
Direct to Consumer technology
The technology that underpins the Synaptic infrastructure and the Synaptic Webline portal is built to be flexible:
- enables management of messaging, data, organisational control, dynamic data capture and processing in real time;
- our expertise in the build and delivery of user journeys can be drawn upon by those wishing to access this fast growing sector;
- Synaptic investment and financial planning capabilities can be used in consumer facing websites.
Synaptic Software have a trusted relationship with thousands of advisers and brokers and are able to work with Providers in a variety of different ways:
- publication of editorial content in various print and digital formats including the well established industry title Connection Magazine;
- Email broadcast to over 12k marketing database
- Banner advertising on portal
Overview of the Provider Proposition