Linking providers, advisers and customers through research and technology
We serve the interests of advisers who require the products and services of Providers and vice versa. Foremost, we are a technology company whose core skills are dealing with data, IT infrastructure and creating software solutions.
The key areas of support we offer to providers are:
Synaptic Product and Fund Research
Our product research team is the outstanding resource of its kind in the industry, making our research tools market leaders in their fields:
- providers subscribe to our tools to gain an 'adviser's view' of the market and of course perform their own whole of market research; either to monitor the competition or support their product development;
- over 1000 pension, investment and protection products are available for detailed research, comparison and reporting;
- over 100,000 OEICS / Unit Trusts / ETFs are available for graphing, reporting and portfolio construction.
Quote and e-apply portal
Synaptic Webline offers:
- a technologically advanced protection and annuity quote engine;
- unparalleled flexibility and levels of organisational control;
- pre-population of application forms;
- ability to save and retrieve quotes from Webline servers;
- tools to design dynamic user journeys, including the new ‘Feature Driven Quote’ and ‘Social Reassurance’. The latter are market-leading innovations designed to transform the success of broker led and/or online Protection sales.
Investment Risk Rating
Synaptic Risk Rating service:
- the Synaptic Risk framework is based on the Moody’s Analytics (formerly Barrie + Hibbert) stochastic engine rather than the ‘volatility as proxy for risk with qualitative overlay’ approach;
- the system models the future performance of funds, portfolios and other ‘Synthetic Risk Instruments’, by projecting each element of the asset allocation;
- any Provider or Fund Manager that wishes to be included in the table can be done so inexpensively;
- participating Providers include Canada Life, Royal London, L&G IM, Premier, Quilter Cheviot and 7im.
part of the Synaptic Research Suite:
- allows holdings data to be used across several of the Synaptic research modules;
- can be used as a standalone industry utility.
Direct to Consumer technology
The technology that underpins the Synaptic infrastructure and the Synaptic Webline portal is built to be flexible:
- enables management of messaging, data, organisational control, dynamic data capture and processing in real time;
- our expertise in the build and delivery of user journeys can be drawn upon by those wishing to access this fast-growing sector;
- Synaptic investment and financial planning capabilities can be used in consumer-facing websites.
Synaptic Software has a trusted relationship with thousands of advisers and brokers and is able to work with Providers in a variety of different ways:
- publication of editorial content in various print and digital formats including the well-established industry title Connection Magazine;
- Email broadcast to over 12k marketing database
- Banner advertising on portal
Overview of the Provider Proposition