Synaptic has long recognised that there is a significant income protection gap in the UK. With benefit support being low and increasingly hard to access, and inadequate by not reflecting previous income, replacing any earlier quality of life is hard to address. So, when a long-standing Webline client approached us to help broaden their proposition to market, extend their product portfolio and offer their customers income protection online, Webline Play quickly became a reality.
Complementing our drive towards offering a complete and comprehensive range of products for advisers, Webline Play uses Webline functionality to offer a new lead-generation tool designed to provide ease of access to income protection quotes for any size adviser and distributor. And it's not just Income Protection leads. We are extending this unique service by also building a similar tool for Life, Mortgage Protection and Critical Illness product leads.
It is a well-known fact that selling insurance can be an uphill struggle, so a lead-generation tool such as this plays to the idea that consumers would be willing to buy protection if they were more informed about those insurers providing this type of cover and the associated premium cost.
The concept is simple: a customisable web application to blend seamlessly into any website, user friendly and designed to help advisers to create better financial outcomes to customers.
Webline Play easily slots into any website. It is also customisable for colours, logos, number of results, even down to the page loader icon.
One of our customers launched the solution in April this year and has seen great results;
- An additional 400 consumers contact them each month for a quote and interaction with an adviser.
- Contributed to Webline's Income Protection quotes (currently 59% of all Webline quotes).
- Helped the adviser reach out to more customers and produce better, more informed conversations around protecting consumers' incomes to organically grow their business.
Our key customer feedback so far is…
- Synaptic offered a perfect blend of adaptability and functionality whilst developing the Webline Play system.
- Allowing for variable inputs into the frame link, combined with the powerful quote engine sitting behind the form, allows our customers to complete the first part of their digital journey whilst also coming across as bespoke to our business.
- Engaging with customers who have already used this system and have a quote ready is incredibly beneficial
Being device-agnostic, Webline Play easily slots into any website. It is also customisable for colours, logos, number of results, even down to the page loader icon. The application itself is user-friendly, quick and easy to implement and can lead either to CRM integration or direct applications through the Webline portal. All quotes and electronic applications can be completed in real time, streamlining protection sales for any kind of organisation.
Software needs to change as adviser and consumer needs evolve, and Synaptic has always worked with its client base to understand and develop solutions that will best fit evolving needs. As a consequence, adapting and providing advisers with end-to-end capabilities to service their customers is paramount to our product development strategy.